Re: Can't send e-mail

First try this:
Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.
Then click on the Advanced tab and change port 25 to 587.
Try sending.

If no improvement, change the server name to mail.bellsouth.net.

If still no improvement, your account may have been migrated to the
AT&T/Yahoo mail platform. Try the settings given here:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

"MarcC" <MarcC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C30E5A4B-87C6-41CA-AA80-5FFD0AD8D967@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have been using Windows mail and no problems until yesterday. Now I can
download incoming mail but my new messages will not go out. I get the message

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'TEST 10', Account:
'mail.atl.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.atl.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I can log into Internet Explorer and send messages but not from Windows Mail

Thank you

  • Re: Sometimes cant send emails from motels
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. ... Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. ... change port 25 to port 587. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: The connection to the server has failed....
    ... Your POP3 server has not responded in 60 seconds. ... Port: 110, Secure: No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19 ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Entourage Auto-Deleting on Closing???
    ... it says it's a POP server in accounts. ... Allow online access (shows account in folder list) [this is not ... Microsoft MVP ... Check out the Entourage User's WebLog for hints, ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Unable to send/receive mail
    ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... "Invalid command" means you are trying to use an option the server does ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... change port 995 to port 110. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Sometimes cant send emails from motels
    ... The connection to the server has failed. ... Primo Man ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)