Re: Cannot verify email

Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunatly, I'm not really sure what you mean by "paste it into your
webmail screen." Could you be more specific? Keep in mind that email
troubleshooting is brand new territory for me, so I'm not entirely sure
what's going on.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

You didn't say so, but I get the impression you normally use web-based email
(webmail) rather than a desktop mail client program like Windows Mail .
If so, simply copy that link and paste it into your webmail screen.

"GG" <GG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B7BF8FF0-6AC7-415B-8578-172204EEE785@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm trying to retrieve a "reset password" link for another forum. However,
the address the reset link was sent to is for some reason demanding I verify
my username and password, which means that until I do I cannot recieve the
reset link. However I do not know the username or password, and all my
guesses were rejected. To test I tried to make a new account where I knew
both username and password, but it rejected those as well even though they
were correct. Whatever I put in, the window automatically pops back up. Now
for some reason I can't even test the new account at all, as even if I try to
check mail for the new account, it demands I verify the info for the old
account instead (bizzare!).

What the heck is going on here, and can someone help me out?

  • Re: getting error message 0x800CCC33
    ... 'Access to the account was denied. ... Verify that your username ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Cannot verify email
    ... the address the reset link was sent to is for some reason demanding I verify ... To test I tried to make a new account where I knew ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: this is hell on earth - can anyone help out?
    ... Level Tab>Make sure "Automatic logon with current username and password" is checked. ... Access to the account was denied. ... Verify that your username and password are correct. ... Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp ', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Invalid login.', Port: 0, Secure: No, Error Number: 0x800CCC32 ...
  • Verify username and password
    ... All of a sudden I receive the messege task 'hotmail-sending reported error ... :"access to the account was denied. ... Verify that your username and ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: getting error message 0x800CCC33
    ... reported error: 'Access to the account was denied. ... Verify that your username and password are correct. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)