Re: CAN´T SEND MAIL, REAL HELP PLS!

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.

"Monique" <Monique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1CCBC69A-D91E-4F1F-A8EB-13A732A133D5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you very much. That handled it.

Monique

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

You are mixing up the servers for sending and receiving.
The error message below shows you using SMTP (sending) on the
server named plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com. That server is for receiving only.
For sending use the server named plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com.

"Monique" <Monique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:36581D4A-41CF-44B3-BB27-6B4A4DB19D5E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I set up my account using the provided instructions from my provider and
it worked for couple of emails and then the following error came up:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'borrar', Account:
'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server:
'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Socket
Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I have tried all the different advices in the forum, including changing the
protocol figures, but so far, no change.

Any help?

Thanks

  • Re: All of a sudden i cannot send emails but can recieve.
    ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... accounts under tools and my smtp and all is correct. ... problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: E-mail
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... default news handler. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Sometimes cant send emails from motels
    ... your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their own. ... The latest error message indicates that the server mail.leklein.com ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cant receive or send mail
    ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... At least you are opening a channel to the SMTP server now. ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. ... you may have to substitute the SMTP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Can receive but cant send emails on Windows Mail
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... mail via their ISP's server. ... owner of the SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)