Re: Microsoft Discussion Groups Question

When you say 'this forum', are you speaking of the Web interface that you are posting from now? That is not a forum. It is a 'portal' to msnews.microsoft.com newsgroups. These newsgroups are going to be slowly eliminated starting June 1, and taking about a year to complete. As these newsgroups disappear, so will the counterparts in the Web interface. Get used to posting at Microsoft Answers. That will be the only place to do so soon.

--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"JamesJ" <JamesJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F9730768-80C8-467E-87A0-660B8A4D36AF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for the "filter" suggestion.
But, I'm aware of the forum addresses for office and mse. I would think it
would make sense for these to be included in this forum. Especially when ms
is abandoning newsgroups. I guess they enjoy making it difficult for people.
--
James

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Not exactly filter, but when you subscribe, you can set My Forums to only
show the ones you want when clicked on,

Microsoft Security Essentials Forums
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/mse

Microsoft Office Forums
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/Office
--

> undersdtand that Microsoft is abandoning newsgroups for the web > forums
> (I hope I phrased that correctly.)
> For the first time I went lurking in the Microsoft Discussion Groups.
> My problem is I couldn't find a category for any Microsoft Office
> products
> or Microsoft Secutrity Essentials. Maybe I didn't look long enough.
> If I did and there are no categories for these products here why do > we
> need
> to go to a separate forum for these. Why aren't they all in the same
> place?
>
> Also is there a way to filter the categories so I can only be exposed > to
> the
> microsoft categories?
>
> -- > James

  • Re: Unable to "Save As" WordPerfect
    ... Since this was an OEM install there is no support from Microsoft ... > messages to multiple newsgroups. ... If you need to post in more than one forum ... >> Installed Converters Pack from MS ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • [ANN] Neues MSDN Forum =?ISO-8859-15?Q?f=FCr_Visual_Basic_?= =?ISO-8859-15?Q?=22clas
    ... Als Ersatz für die Newsgroups, hat Microsoft die Foren vorgesehen. ... allgemeines Visual Basic Forum, ...
    (microsoft.public.de.vb)
  • Re: Why is the traffic on this forum so low?
    ... what's happened to all the traffic on this forum? ... Stack Overflow, SQL Server Central? ... Microsoft has discontinued support for their usenet ... some sort of portal on the newsgroups - they looked like web forums, ...
  • Re: Microsoft ending newsgroup support
    ... pushing users instead to discussion forum= ... Microsoft said that so-called NNTP newsgroups are pas= ... The move solely benefits Microsoft by driving traffic ... it's funny to hear Microsoft condemn Usenet for not being usable and secure lol. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Addendum (was Re: My pc mother board has died - Install xp oem
    ... You really don't need any permission to use these posts, ... And as one more purely practical matter, ... Third, although Microsoft might look at, and perhaps police, the ... Open forum has nothing to do with it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)