Re: Using Windows Mail in Windows & - $%#$$%#@! MS ruined it!

Hey, Get with the Program!

steve

" mac" <macknever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eRap5nV9KHA.420@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uBAvuMU9KHA.1888@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note that there is a good likelihood that future Win7 updates will continue
to 'break' Windows Mail, which is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Prophet of doom!!

This one was beaten off.

Bring it on :-))

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: cant compact messages
    ... "Steve Cochran" wrote: ... can compact okay then. ... my problem is every time i get out of windows mail ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: no mail in windows mail
    ... Many thanks to Steve and Gary, it seemed to be an interconnect problem in my home network, some hours further and with a little help from this forum and a tool from my new provider everything is ok right now. ... Try removing the mail account, closing and reopening Winmail and then add the account back again. ... On my old laptop and the same account options with XP-pro there is no problem with receiving emails, so it has to be something gone wrong on my new pc with Vista Home Premium with SP-2 and Windows Mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Unknown Error occured
    ... The two links to download, the first one sugegsted elsewhere said it does ... > still in the windows mail screen yet can not be opened. ... >> Although only 'Outbox' is mentioned, it will enable removal of stuck ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant ppen newsgroup messages
    ... Steve Cochran;1139846 Wrote: ... Mail in Vista due to antivirus software. ... it is sufficient to turn off email scanning (incoming ... compatible with Windows Mail (Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro for instance ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: The best way to backup Windows Mail in Vista Ult
    ... " way that playing with Registry. ... "Steve Cochran" wrote in message ... Then copy the message store back to the same location it was in on the old machine and make sure the location matches what is listed as the "Store Root" under the Windows Mail registry key. ...