Re: sent mail stuck in outbox

That's a very old post. The "Fix" is to update the version of Vista to SP1 or SP2. If that doesn't help, then after updating one can use my WMUtil program to clear the messages from the outbox.

If the user already has SP1 or SP2, then they need to go to the outbox (View | Current View | Show all messages) and then delete the message manually, which won't work in Vista without SP1, SP2, or the patch released prior to SP1.

steve

"Peter Foldes" <maci252211@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23Vw%23qpJ9KHA.4600@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Courtesy from a post by from Steve Cochran

<snip>

First thing is to remove McAfee or Norton AV and antispam from the computer
if they exist. You may need to visit their website to fully uninstall the
product (for Norton see here:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039..
Then get something less invasive. There are a number of free antivirus
programs, but with any you have to disable email scanning. See
www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

You can also try compacting and repairing the database using my WMUtil
program (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/).

After that, the only solution so far is to wipe out the database. So go to
Tools | Options | Advanced | Maintenance | Store Folder to find the message
store location. Then move everything under that Windows Mail directory to
another directory, so that the Windows Mail directory is completely empty.
Then restart WinMail and it will open fresh with nothing
in the database. You can then add your accounts and if they work correctly
then you can import messages from the directory to which you moved the files
back into WinMail (see www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#wm2wm).

<end snip>

Another thing that you can try is to disconnect from the Net and then try and delete
it while the computer is not connected.

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Dot Carr" <371 Pine Creek Road> wrote in message
I get the same error message.
--
Dot Carr

"ryangunn" wrote:

I can't send mail from Windows Mail. When I send a message it get stuck
in the outbox. PLEASE HELP!

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: Y&R', Account:
'pop.secureserver.net', Server: 'smtpout.secureserver.net', Protocol:
SMTP, Server Response: '554 Message refused.', Port: 80, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F

--
ryangunn

  • Re: Sending Error
    ... There is no server named smtp.dnvr.qwest.net. ... access your account from different locations by dialing into local phone ... after install it cannot pull address book so it wont send. ... Can someone tell me which pop email accounts work with windows mail so i ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send email from Windows Mail Live
    ... Gary is helping you set up your account in Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail. ... The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's ... Temporarily clean out the Inbox folder in your WM and/or WLM. ... you convinced me that I need to give Yahoo the boot. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send email from Windows Mail Live
    ... or I can help you to get Windows Mail working for you. ... I am fine using Yahoo mail with my IE browser...no problems there. ... The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's ... Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot Send Emails
    ... Norton Antivirus 2008 is among the top three troublemakers ... any problem from Windows Mail when I am at home or at my old office. ... Make sure you have send authentication enabled. ... The box for "My server requires authentication" must be checked. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Set up on Mail not working
    ... I have updated the settings as you suggested. ... I did receive messages in my Gmail account however. ... However, to access Gmail, you need to enable POP on the server, and follow these directions... ... Windows Mail I immediately get the following error messages: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)