Re: sent mail stuck in outbox

That's a very old post. The "Fix" is to update the version of Vista to SP1 or SP2. If that doesn't help, then after updating one can use my WMUtil program to clear the messages from the outbox.

If the user already has SP1 or SP2, then they need to go to the outbox (View | Current View | Show all messages) and then delete the message manually, which won't work in Vista without SP1, SP2, or the patch released prior to SP1.

steve

"Peter Foldes" <maci252211@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23Vw%23qpJ9KHA.4600@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Courtesy from a post by from Steve Cochran

<snip>

First thing is to remove McAfee or Norton AV and antispam from the computer
if they exist. You may need to visit their website to fully uninstall the
product (for Norton see here:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039..
Then get something less invasive. There are a number of free antivirus
programs, but with any you have to disable email scanning. See
www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

You can also try compacting and repairing the database using my WMUtil
program (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/).

After that, the only solution so far is to wipe out the database. So go to
Tools | Options | Advanced | Maintenance | Store Folder to find the message
store location. Then move everything under that Windows Mail directory to
another directory, so that the Windows Mail directory is completely empty.
Then restart WinMail and it will open fresh with nothing
in the database. You can then add your accounts and if they work correctly
then you can import messages from the directory to which you moved the files
back into WinMail (see www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#wm2wm).

<end snip>

Another thing that you can try is to disconnect from the Net and then try and delete
it while the computer is not connected.

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Dot Carr" <371 Pine Creek Road> wrote in message
I get the same error message.
--
Dot Carr

"ryangunn" wrote:

I can't send mail from Windows Mail. When I send a message it get stuck
in the outbox. PLEASE HELP!

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: Y&R', Account:
'pop.secureserver.net', Server: 'smtpout.secureserver.net', Protocol:
SMTP, Server Response: '554 Message refused.', Port: 80, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F

--
ryangunn