Re: Imap connection

"sillymaja" <sillymaja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:CBDD2A05-9CA6-49DC-B7C0-E93CE69402CE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm having big problems too with aol on windows mail. Have gone through all
posts here and re installed as per aol's instructions but still cannot send
mail. error message is:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'imap.uk.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.uk.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I am using spyware doctor (have used avast and norton, but had same problem)

Please help, i'm going mad!! :-)

Tools>accounts>select your account>properties>Advanced tab, change SMTP Port number from 25 to 587>apply>OK

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: Problem removing Active Directory
    ... error message because the child domain seems to have left a "ghost" within ... Determine the domain controller that holds the Domain Naming Master ... to the specific server on which the changes will occur. ... You should receive confirmation that the connection is ...
  • Sql Server Connection Irritations (again)
    ... framework 1.x and even the same code that fails in framework 2.0, ... All our servers are Windows Server 2003 and all our SQL Server databases are ... A connection was successfully established with the server, ... The <SNIX error message> portion of our error message is: ...
  • Sql Server Connection Irritations (again)
    ... framework 1.x and even the same code that fails in framework 2.0, ... All our servers are Windows Server 2003 and all our SQL Server databases are ... A connection was successfully established with the server, ... The <SNIX error message> portion of our error message is: ...
  • Re: Cant connect to SQL Server 2008
    ... The error occurs on opening a connection. ... I can connect to SQL Server 2008 using sqlcmd from the same machine which ... VS solution cannot connect to the SQL Server. ... Error Message: ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • A weird eMail prob - Any suggestions as to how to make it Fixted?
    ... of hers who has recently bought a PC & got an Internet Connection, ... So, now, what's the prob? ... Error Message, so we can then suss out where the prob is & what to do ... standard probs - an incorrect Server Name, ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)