Re: Windows Mail.EXE Error # 0X800C0155,2

"Davy Ravenhorst" <DavyRavenhorst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:91C55077-AE69-4832-B2BF-A8DE8789079F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lodor, I am also getting the same problem/error you got but I don't use
Windows Live Mail, nor does using this does me no good. And I am using McAfee
SecurityCenter which has no effect. I think I may have done something wrong
(like, change the Security properties of the Windows Mail folder (C:/Program
Files/Windows Mail), so that Windows thinks that someone else is using
Windows Mail. But I don't have any other users other than me. I am the sole
user and owner of the computer Windows Mail is installed on. I am using
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, Service Pack 2, as my OS. What could be
causing Windows Mail to not start up? Please help!!

"Lodor" wrote:

After downloading Service Pack 1 I get the following error messages:

"Windows Mail could not be started. the application was unable to open
the windows message store. your Windows Mail mailbox data is currently
being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the
program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open Windows Mail
again. 0x800c015,2

When I click OK I then get:

"Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
initialized"

I am using Windows Live One Care Virus software and turning it off
makes no difference.

I did have problems installing Service Pack 1, had to reinstall the
Vista UPGRADE over Vista before SP 1 would install - maybe this is the
problem.

Any ideas or solutions welcome ???

--
Lodor

  • New Computer - BSOD - How do i find the problem?
    ... i have just put together a new computer, and installed Windows Vista Ultimate X64. ... The Raid array was broken and it wouldnt start Vista. ... I tried installing the newest chipset drivers and intel matrix storage manager, and i have also uninstalled some energy saving program from Asus called Six Engine. ... I was able to move the mouse around and type something into an open messenger window (dont know if the message was delivered). ...
  • Re: New Computer - BSOD - How do i find the problem?
    ... But of some reason I keep getting the BSOD, and i dont know how to find ... The Raid array was broken and it wouldnt start Vista (kept freezing at ... I tried installing the newest chipset drivers and intel matrix storage ... The latest message i got when starting windows after a bluescreen is the ...
  • Re: Kernel Panic
    ... Windows Vista box could go that long! ... time due to a hardware failure. ... hardware drivers and installing a few programs that end up ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Kernel Panic
    ... Windows Vista box could go that long! ... time due to a hardware failure. ... hardware drivers and installing a few programs that end up ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: What is the more popular UNIX flavor?
    ... about my experience with Solaris and Cygwin. ... installing packages. ... needing eg tftp you only need to activate on a Unix system. ... probably need installing first on the equivalent Windows system. ...
    (comp.unix.questions)