Newsgroup Messages

My newsgroup messages have disappeared from view from within Windows Mail. I'm running Vista Ultimate and everything has been fine until about 2 days ago. My newsgroups show that I have 'x' number of messages but none display at all. I've reset the odd newsgroup and requested the headers and it shows that it's downloading the headers but none show. Then when I've downloaded several thousand the only messages that then do display are ones that I've created or responded to.

Help, I'm missing nearly 250,000 messages from my newsgroups which act as a huge resource of information to me :(

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Colin.

  • Re: Deluxe Newsreader for OS X
    ... Can we just check are we talking Pineapple News 0.8.6 (and not, say, ... and downloading the newest headers ... You can either double-click on a newsgroup or on an entire account to ... forever downloading or reading possibly thousands of messages that are ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: (1) How to delete undesirable posts? (2) How to be notified of replies?
    ... Catch up is separate from mark all as read. ... right click on the newsgroup name in the folder pane, ... When you are downloading headers, one option is to limit how many. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress)
  • Re: Posts just not showwing up
    ... > However, when you set up a new newsgroup check the box in Tools, ... Then select Tools, Get next xxx headers, after downloading has ... > completed select Tools, Mark for Offline and then select Synchronise, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Posts just not showwing up
    ... >> Place the cursor on the offending newsgroup and right click. ... Then select Tools, Get next xxx headers, after downloading has ... >> completed select Tools, Mark for Offline and then select Synchronise, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP OE6 - Catch up not working
    ... > some thousands messages 'not read' even I did a catch-up on this ng. ... Is it really *this* newsgroup that you are having trouble with? ... symptom is make a copy of the newsgroup before downloading new ... Then you would have some old headers to compare ...