Re: accessing my yahoo mail

To access a Yahoo account with an email program like Windows Mail via POP3, it has to be a Yahoo Plus account.
see http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html;_ylt=Ass_US_H03SPhjBZ6x3TLkutKSd4

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Eyzzforu" <Eyzzforu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1CF870B2-F2B1-4D82-9BD2-BE1795CD2833@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Could someone explain how I can access my yahoo mail send and receive also
thru windows mail?

I am finding this very difficult as I did as Outlook Express long ago?

Do I have to delete windows mail, it pops up and tried to send mail under my
yahoo mail address and will not let do it...

Please help or advise.

Thank you

  • Re: Help cant email pages
    ... If you only have a Yahoo account you will not be able to do this - you will need a Yahoo PLUS account. ... IE is trying to access Windows Mail. ... Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure: No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant forward/send emails and log on keeps popping up
    ... Did you try Windows Mail while no antivirus was installed? ... Even disabling its email scanning is often not sufficient. ... Subject 'Fw: Anan Photos Etc', Account: 'Yahoo', Server: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: moving my in-box
    ... when i first signed into windows mail, it imported all of my inbox from my ... back into yahoo, to integrate with other mail and info in yahoo. ... By default, the mail client talks to the mail server, asks for any mail it doesn't have, and at the end of the transfer tells the mail server to delete the messages. ... Downloading all that mail can break mail clients, if the mailbox on the server is larger than the client supports, and corrupts the inbox. ...
  • Re: Cannot Send Email
    ... Stacey ... To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send mail from outbox
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... What happens is that a window to verify my username and password for Yahoo ... Windows Mail in Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)