Re: Can't send email with attachments

Tell us in more detail what you tried: the name of your antivirus program,
what setting you changed, etc. Some antivirus programs keep interfering
with email even when scanning is ostensibly disabled.

"lindersmom" <lindersmom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F69B5BA3-0C50-477E-AAE7-D2EF5FAEAD75@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I tried that, it dos'nt work

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant
layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving,
and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting
changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your
up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For
more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the
program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the
option arises.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"lindersmom" <lindersmom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Since May 12th I can not send any emails with attachments, Here is the
message I get

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for
inactivity. Subject 'Fw: Fw: [Our Tea Party pictures of "The day that
changed
America".', Account: 'LindersMom', Server: 'outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F

  • Re: Emails suddenly stopped getting through!!
    ... This is usually caused by scanning e-mail, ... It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs and account setting changes. ... Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. ...
  • Re: Cant send email with attachments
    ... layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, ... and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Difficulty Downloading Mail
    ... Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. ... layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, ... and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting ... "The server responded with an error. ...
  • RE: Documents on network open as read only
    ... Well, the patch will not install on 2003 Server, so I am back to the drawing board. ... Windows Explorer reads the contents of the ... > following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge ... To turn off your antivirus program, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • RE: Browsing folder by slow network connection
    ... connect to Exchange on the server ... folders or event if we want to see our mail in Outlook that is connect to ... > As far as I know, there are many possible causes for slow network share ... Please disable network drive scanning in your antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)