Re: Setting up Windows Mail

"110" is not a valid mail server name.
Who are these mysterious "website people"? I take it they are the web hosting
company for your domain website.
Instead of "110" use mail.yourdomain.com for the server name, but substitute
your actual domain name for 'yourdomain.com'.

"JustFiguringItOut" <JustFiguringItOut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:39B45DD3-9AA1-48B0-ADD2-25507D6CBEA4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Using Windows Vista, Toshiba computer.

The following error message was provided:

The connection to the server has failed. Acount: "Windows Mail", Server:
110, Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure (SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061,
Error Number: 0x800CCCOE

My website people said my mail Incoming Mail Server is mail.yourdomain.com

Is that the same as the Incoming mail port, which is suppose to be 110

Thank you.

Thanks.

  • Re: Identification of a Mail Server
    ... Nmap can do more than tell you if a port is open it will also detect what service is running on that port if possible ... How can one identify a mail server behind a firewall, be it Exchange, ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: [opensuse] grub.conf - Carl
    ... mail server via the website when I'm running Linux. ... download them so I can reply to them from the website. ... windows partitions are mounted, it shows no files or folders. ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: Identify the make and model of a Mail Server
    ... 'SMTPSCAN' can be used to fingerprint the mail server. ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: New Website Issues viewing internally (DNS Issue)
    ... I just finished project managing our new website and so far it is up ... to go through the barracuda then to the mail server. ... Do you have an internal domain zone named nebraskaland.com in your internal ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)