Re: can't send email help!!

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23Ve3SkY9KHA.3276@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Regedit.exe is one of those programs that doesn't do copy/paste.
However, you can right-click on a registry key and select Export.
I have done that and then opened the file with Notepad.
What is displayed is hard to interpret.

"Frank Drew Leyda" <mymail@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23LLokqV9KHA.420@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
It's not a 'newsgroups' thing, it's a specific program thing.
To be sure, most Windows programs allow you to highlight (select)
text, then right-click and select copy, which should then be capable
of being pasted most anywhere.
Can you post a piece of a Registry Tree here and then explain how you did it
?

"Frank Drew Leyda" <mymail@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I agree.
But I thought that the Left click, copy and paste into a MS newsgroup
steps
would be the same for all MS newsgroups .

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Frank, the newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the
Windows Mail program. Advice you find here will most likely not apply to
other programs.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
@WBF: That's not the complete error message.
Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.
Yesterday I tried numerous times to Right Click a Registry Tree and a
Word
Error message and post it in another newsgroup (live.mail.desktop)
without
success.
I also tried to use the Snipping Tool to do the same.
No go.
I tried Rich Text and Plain Text.
What was I doing wrong ?
FDLeyda

  • Re: Word 97 Freezes on opening.
    ... please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so ... >>Suzanne S. Barnhill ... >>Microsoft MVP ... >>> I have deleted the registry values, ...
  • Re: cant send email help!!
    ... I believe this tread started with your contention that an Error message and/or a piece of the Registry could be copied to the clipboard and pasted into this newsgroup. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com " ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: apdproxy.exe application error
    ... Is it Elements that's giving you the error message? ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience ... Please Reply to the Newsgroup ...
  • Re: Question on event log errors
    ... Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. ... Microsoft MVP [Windows] ... I have the error message at the ...
  • Re: WORD 2003 wont open.
    ... please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so ... Going into the registry is not ... >> Microsoft MVP ... >> Fairhope, Alabama USA ...