Re: no notification of incoming mail

Is the Status Bar missing? (View | Layout). Or is Send & Receive at Startup not checked? (Tools | Options | General).
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Maggie" <Maggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:176465D1-754A-48A3-942F-7B1FAB17DCFD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
when I log into my windows mail acct. I do not know if mail is coming in or
not, I have to do it manually, as in send and receive all. Normally at the
bottom right of my window when I log into mail, there is notification there
saying "working online" "receiving mail" I no longer get this..???? can
anyone help.

  • Re: Blinking screen in OE only
    ... I would start with shutting down all startup programs. ... If your AV program does not start, that's OK for now, just don't connect to the internet. ... go back to msconfig and recheck programs until you find the culprit. ... MS-MVP [Mail] ...
  • Re: Question re: msinfo32.exe
    ... > Happy Mardi Gras to you as well. ... >> Kelly (MS-MVP) ... >> Troubleshooting Windows XP ... From the list of startup programs below, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System32 folder shows at startup..?
    ... Will Denny ... MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User ... > search of the registry for "startup" that didn't include any ...
  • Re: Windows mail
    ... Go to View, Layout, select "Show preview pane". ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... unread. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Programs running in the background
    ... TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2006 ... Win XP Utilities, Startup Programs Tracker. ... This utility tracks the common startup ...