Re: Cannot send mail either!!!

Not sure why you think KB978542 would have anything to do with your issue.

One thing you might try is to change your settings to what AOL recommends.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "My server requires authentication" option is enabled.
Then go to the Advanced tab and change port 25 to port 587.
If you still get an error with those changed settings, post the new error
message here.

The recommended settings are documented here:
http://postmaster.aol.com/imap/express.html

Those instructions were written for Outlook Express, but
Windows Mail uses the same settings as Outlook Express.

"Sick of this email problem" <Sick of this email problem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3FA727DD-04C6-40B7-91A3-0DF6D7B48D1E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello please see error message below. Is there a straightforward fix for
this. I read the other post regarding .dll -- I am more confused. I am
running Vista Home Premium, 32 bit and IE 7. This has been going on for
several days. I tried to download the update mentioned KB978542 and it says
"not applicable to my system", thus this is not the culprit for my system,
yet same timing and problem as others who have recently posted. Losing work
day by day due to inability to email. Is Microsoft going to be accountable??

The rejected e-mail address was 'bailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'. Subject 'Did you
see E. Ramos on list?b', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 5.7.1 <lcsw05@xxxxxxx>: Sender address
rejected: not logged in', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error
Number: 0x800CCC79

  • Re: Cant send/receive!!
    ... It appears that your settings for Gmail are correct now. ... Hotmail account, you can use it to send a message to your Gmail ... is pop.gmail.com and the outgoing mail server which is smtp.gmail.com It ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Can receive email, but cant send email
    ... Start Microsoft Outlook 2007. ... menu, select Account Settings, and then click New. ... Account dialog box, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, then ... additional server types, and then click Next. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Outlook Express Server Reject
    ... One user's account is unable to send. ... The message is: the server rejected the ... Try setting up an alternate mail client with identical settings, ... You mention both HostGator and Port 25; ...
  • Re: Cant send/receive!!
    ... You're using incorrect port and SSL settings for Gmail. ... Gmail account. ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ... I could just get a Yahoo email address, start up Mail, set up my contact ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Entourage
    ... POP account settings mail. ... use same settings as receiving mail server and have tried logging on with ... Override default SMTP port SMTP service requires secure connection ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)