Re: Windows Mail.EXE Error # 0X800C0155,2

I don't think there is any way to undo changes in file/folder permissions
without doing so manually one at a time (assuming you knew which
permission settings were proper), or a restore or reinstall.

I don't understand your question about "any download links for any
'un-do' file properties (making changes)?"

If I was in your shoes, I'd bite the bullet and upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

"Davy Ravenhorst" <DavyRavenhorst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:7100FE0B-86B7-407C-9CC0-ACE6FB35277B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just have one more question pertaining to the 'Security' tab (in the file
or folder's Properties dialog box):

Is there a way to un-do the permissions (or any of the 'Security' tab
settings), without using System Restore? I tried using System Restore to undo
changes made, but I don't think that did me no good as for opening Windows
Mail!! Like, any download links for any 'un-do' file properties (making
changes)? I was just curious as if there was actually another way.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

You're very welcome.
Unless I'm mistaken, a McAfee scan will only report files that are
infected with a virus or malware. It does not report on files having
the wrong permissions settings.

"Davy Ravenhorst" <DavyRavenhorst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:FC983290-BB10-4F4F-AC61-4054E2B0C9C0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Okay, that wasn't what I had expected (to reinstall Windows), but oh well. I
will just have to work on reinstalling Windows Vista this weekend, but I will
have to back up all my important stuff first. Thanks for your help, though!!

(But, when I did a quick scan via McAfee SecurityCenter, it reported that
there were no bad files, or so forth.)

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

Sometimes it takes quite a while for bad effects to show up. For
example, if one day the antivirus program decides to quarantine a suspect
message, it may corrupt the message store (database) in Windows Mail.
In fact, McAfee antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for
Windows Mail.

However, that's only one possibility. It sounds like you may have changed
the file permissions in the Windows Mail directory. If that is the cause,
I can think of only two ways to fix that:
a) Reinstall Vista, or
b) upgrade to Windows Live Mail: http://download.live.com/wlmail

"Davy Ravenhorst" <DavyRavenhorst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:91C3A32A-D73F-41B6-8AF9-F06260AACB83@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I know McAfee SecurityCenter has "no effect" on Windows Mail because I had
Windows Mail installed on Windows Vista ever since I bought this computer
from DELL (May 1 2007), and Windows Mail and McAfee SecurityCenter has not
been interfering with each other (that is, I had no problems running the two).

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

What makes you think your McAfee program has "no effect"?

"Davy Ravenhorst" <DavyRavenhorst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:91C55077-AE69-4832-B2BF-A8DE8789079F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lodor, I am also getting the same problem/error you got but I don't use
Windows Live Mail, nor does using this does me no good. And I am using McAfee
SecurityCenter which has no effect. I think I may have done something wrong
(like, change the Security properties of the Windows Mail folder (C:/Program
Files/Windows Mail), so that Windows thinks that someone else is using
Windows Mail. But I don't have any other users other than me. I am the sole
user and owner of the computer Windows Mail is installed on. I am using
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, Service Pack 2, as my OS. What could be
causing Windows Mail to not start up? Please help!!