Re: Using Windows Mail in Windows & - $%#$$%#@! MS ruined it!
- From: " mac" <macknever@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 08:21:39 +0100
See the thread "Windows Update kills Windows Mail on Windows 7" 12 May 2010.
Replace msoe.dll in W7 with an updated version from Vista.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
"Stubbo of Oz" <stubbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:jsgsu5l7d91jqocpd5bvvjjh5llckhe49i@xxxxxxxxxx
I have been using Windows Mail (copied from Vista) in my Windows 7
computer for nearly 6 months without any problems.
Now, since Windows update KB978542 was installed a couple of days ago
it has stopped working.
It appears as a running program in Windows Task manager but the user
interface never appears.
I have done a System Restore to before KB978542 and Windows Mail
started working OK again, Repeated this three time so I have no doubt
that it is KB978542 that has buggered it up.
Has anyone else using Windows Mail in Windows 7 had this experience?
Are MS purposely disabling Windows Mail in Windows 7 just to show us
that they can and to stop us using it?
Oh well, I guess I will have to try #$&*(#$ Windows Live Mail again
And before someone says "use Thunderbird" Ii don't like that either!!
Stubbo of Oz
- Prev by Date: Re: Windows Update kills Windows Mail on Windows 7
- Next by Date: Я пытался создать почтовый адрес,но работа прервалась не по моей вине . Рамуст.
- Previous by thread: Re: Identities or Multiple e-mail accounts
- Next by thread: Re: Using Windows Mail in Windows & - $%#$$%#@! MS ruined it!