Re: Using Windows Mail in Windows & - $%#$$%#@! MS ruined it!

See the thread "Windows Update kills Windows Mail on Windows 7" 12 May 2010.

Replace msoe.dll in W7 with an updated version from Vista.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

"Stubbo of Oz" <stubbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:jsgsu5l7d91jqocpd5bvvjjh5llckhe49i@xxxxxxxxxx
I have been using Windows Mail (copied from Vista) in my Windows 7
computer for nearly 6 months without any problems.

Now, since Windows update KB978542 was installed a couple of days ago
it has stopped working.

It appears as a running program in Windows Task manager but the user
interface never appears.

I have done a System Restore to before KB978542 and Windows Mail
started working OK again, Repeated this three time so I have no doubt
that it is KB978542 that has buggered it up.

Has anyone else using Windows Mail in Windows 7 had this experience?

Are MS purposely disabling Windows Mail in Windows 7 just to show us
that they can and to stop us using it?

Oh well, I guess I will have to try #$&*(#$ Windows Live Mail again
:-(

And before someone says "use Thunderbird" Ii don't like that either!!

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz

  • Re: Microsoft Office has stopped working
    ... I am also having the same problem but I deleted the data key and the ... folders relating to Microsoft Office all the way to Word, ... Microsoft Office has stopped working ... Windows is checking for a solution to the problem ...
  • Re: Microsoft Office has stopped working
    ... "Terry Farrell" wrote: ... folders relating to Microsoft Office all the way to Word, ... Microsoft Office has stopped working ... Windows is checking for a solution to the problem ...
  • Re: Microsoft Office has stopped working
    ... I'm sorry to be so dense but I cannot find Datakey. ... folders relating to Microsoft Office all the way to Word, ... Microsoft Office has stopped working ... Windows is checking for a solution to the problem ...
  • windows vista restore not working/blue screen help/safe mode not working
    ... I have a dell inspiron 1520 laptop with windows vista ultimate 32 bit ... uninstall some programs. ... bitdefender agent stopped working, windows host process stopped working, ...
  • Re: Microsoft Office has stopped working
    ... Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP ... Microsoft Office has stopped working ... Windows is checking for a solution to the problem ...