Re: Identities or Multiple e-mail accounts

Kathy, I am with you all the way on how confusing this is. I thought I had
set it up and pulling my hair out for the last five days. Now it wont let me
in to my mail as apparently I am putting either the wrong user name in or the
wrong password. I dont want to have to log in to check my e.mails, I never
had to before. I have just changed bb supplier, and they gave me so many
bloody password, serial numbers and user names I don't who I am anymore. I
have a mailbox with Yahoo which appears to be working, but you have to sign
in everytime you want to quickly check your e.mails. I have a so many bloody
things to remember now, with my bank account, twitter (who I cannot get to
log in with again, even though I set up an account). MY HEAD IS ABOUT TO
EXPLODE!!!!!!!!! Why does it all have to be so complicated, after all
e.mails are no safer now because of all this.

"Kathy" wrote:

Thank you for your reply but I'm sorry, I'm totally confused. Since this is
a new PC, I'm not importing any of my e-mails from my old PC, I'm just trying
to get both identities to work in Microsoft Mail. My daughter's account is
new.

Kathy

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

See the directions for importing OE messages here:
www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#oe2wm

When you get to the stage to import from OE6, do not choose to import from
an Identity. Choose to import from a directory and then specify the
directory for that Identity (see also www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#4).

steve

"Kathy" <Kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I just purchased a new PC with Windows Vista and I can't get both mine and
my
daughter's e-mail addresses to be identitied in Windows Mail. I created
User
Accounts for each of us in Vista, created the accounts under Windows
Mail/Tools but when I click on File and Identities to switch Identities, I
go
to a wizard to import the identities and any of the options that I choose
tells me that all identities have been either imported or deleted and then
can't complete the Wizard. Please help!!!!

  • Re: Problem restoring Outlook Express files from backup
    ... All identities, accounts, rules, even your customized toolbars settings. ... I reformatted last month and restoring three identities with four addresses to the exact way they were took less than ten minutes. ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ... > the Account settings. ...
  • Re: Two identities, each with a separate inbox?
    ... > We've set up two identities, Alex and Kerry and the e-mail addresses ... We need to separate them. ... The problem is that they are aliases for the same mailbox on the server, ... first go to Tools | Accounts and double click the account. ...
  • Re: mixing up identities?? why?
    ... people from my account. ... Do you have separate Identities in Entourage? ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Separate email accounts suddenly joined - help!
    ... I have separate identities set up - everything the way it was on Win ... > are aliases under a master account that it not used. ... > The messages on the old PC could be dragged to a Windows folder, ... > shared with Microsoft Outlook, you are not able to export from within the ...
  • Re: Cannot Receive Email
    ... make sure that Include this account when receiving mail is checked. ... > using OE6 on Windows XP SP2. ... i can send using all four identities. ... >> The full text of the error message would be helpful. ...