Re: Outlook Express to Windows Mail

Bruce, Sorry I misstated problem while Compacting. It does this after going through all Folders. Window opens that looks something like below:
OUTLOOK EXPRESS
Cannot complete as other application is open or in use.
OK

I Click OK to clear Window. I have it Offline.

Thanks Again,
Bill

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23G$mL548KHA.1436@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You're welcome. However, Folders.dbx needs to be compacted. But first, is 'Online' the name of a folder you created?
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Willy" <justask@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eNUf%23148KHA.3880@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Got it both ways described. Thanks for Tips Bruce. Bruce, OE seems to Compact on it's own every 100 closes of OE. That & manual Compact always end with a Window saying Folders & Online could not be Compacted.
--------------
Thanks..................Bill

"Willy" <justask@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I've got a *.bak (was a *.dbs until OE Compacted it to the Recycle Bin)
Folder in my PC with XP and was wondering how to take that folder & import
it into Windows Mail? I don't want to Restore it on my XP PC with OE as
it will overwrite a folder with newer Email.
--
Thanks, Bill
Post replies back to News Group

  • Re: Outlook Express Inbox problem
    ... Steve and Bruce, THANKS....Did everything as you sugested, everything is ... Identity do a File | Folder | Compact all. ... folder where all the files are is around 800mb in total. ... Open OE and you should have an Inbox with the messages up to the date if ...
  • Re: Archiving email to a CD
    ... > on the right edge of the OE window, the double arrow does not appear, so I ... > have no hook to drag the right edge toward the left. ... > "Bruce Hagen" wrote: ... >> Create a folder such as Saved News, I use My Documents, to save the news ...
  • Compact Messages Reminder Window
    ... I've been receiving subject window for a week now. ... compacting messages and followed instructions: ... clicked Outlook Express so that no mail or news folder was open. ... Finally clicked File| Folder| Compact All ...
  • Re: the folder is currently in use by Outlook Express or by another ap
    ... This usually happens if you've created a new local folder or renamed an existing folder during the current OE session and/or you haven't been compacting all OE folders on a very regular basis. ... Disable Background Compacting and frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline". ... Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses that are distributed as email attachments. ... other window appears, ...
  • Re: Un read messages
    ... Bruce, I am not guilty. ... When Shaw fixed the server they sent messages ... Switch to another folder and then back and all available messages will be downloaded again. ... It would be a good idea to compact your folders when you're done. ...