Re: Can't send or receive mail

What you should learn from this is that McAfee *will* corrupt your Windows
Mail account sooner or later.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

"racechristy" <racechristy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:DFBEBD25-B223-477E-82A2-2C60CBA2EADF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Dave! I removed the account settings and re-entered them and that
worked! And thank you John for your help too!

"Dave" wrote:

Some say, that with McAfee , it a matter of "when", not "if" .... it will
cause a problem.

If you've disable email scanning, and rebooted your computer, and still get
this error message, you may have to remove the account settings and re-enter
them in WM. Sometimes they get corrupted.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"racechristy" <racechristy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Dave, yes I do have McAfee virus... but it has never stopped me from
sending and receiving before and it just stopped yesterday... I was
getting
mail and able to send until about 2pm CDT... then I started getting this
message. I did go into my Mcafee and disable the email scan and I still
get
the same error message. Any other ideas?
Thanks,

"racechristy" wrote:

Yesterday started out fine... all of a sudden, I can't receive or send
mail.
I keep getting an error message. This is it:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for
inactivity. Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Does anyone know who to fix this? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,

  • Re: Yahoo Bizmail has stopped working
    ... Which antivirus are you running? ... If turning off your antivirus email scanning function does not resolve ... If so, right-click on the error message, ... Anyone know why smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com has stopped working with Windows Mail last couple of weeks? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail 0x800CCC0F error
    ... Assuming that your mail account may have been partially corrupted ... The windows firewall was only deactivated just for a test to see if it ... I have just uninstalled AVG and reinstalled without the email scanning ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Mail Account Authentication
    ... Delete that account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account. ... Which antivirus are you running? ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... error message. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: OE6 wont open cleanly
    ... After disabling the email scanning, ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ...
  • Re: Cannot reply - 0X800CCC79 error
    ... Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses that are distributed as email attachments. ... small black box that sits on top of the router that says RCA. ... Computer A has Windows XP Pro. ... >> in My server requires authentication. ...