Re: This language is no longer available for spell checking

I'll be here until Microsoft closes this newsgroup.

"Eric L" <Eric L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:DF447EBD-9A6D-4CD1-BA48-0CC11AFC674B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Almost 2 months later and you are still helping people, Thank you Gary! Eric L

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

You're very welcome, Talex. Thanks for reporting back.

"Talex" <Talex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2AFDFDE4-D9CA-46C2-B293-9CA6B9FC12AE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
That was so simply! Thanks for the help Gary!

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

You're very welcome, Joyce. Thanks for reporting back.

"Joyce G." <JoyceG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6109B204-061F-452A-9888-315C5054A787@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks, it works beautiful...

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

It's a known bug in Windows Mail. Once you apply that fix, it will be good
from then on.

"NicaStar" <NicaStar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:61DA7367-C5E2-4493-B542-597FC91DE534@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you!!! This worked just as you said. Just wondering though, why would
we have to do this in order for spell check to work if English is default -
is this a system glitch?

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

In the main screen of Windows Mail, (not the compose screen), go to
Tools, Options, Spelling.
First select another language, click Apply. Then reselect English and click OK.

If you are asking about Messenger, you will need to post in its dedicated
newsgroup.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/VanderMolen

"Drsdcb" <Drsdcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:26766E05-6B94-43DC-9AD7-2BF49A5A6359@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
9/16/09 ~8:45pm(edt)

SDCB asks: How do I get to the Windows Vista "tools" area that will enable
me to select the language preference I desire for my Windows Messanger Spell
Check?

"vz" wrote:

I found help You have to go to tools in vista not the email tool.

"Becky Jo" wrote:

I have the exact same problem as Irish - no Options. I'm new to Vista - is
this one of the "improvements" we get with Vista??
Becky Jo

"Irish" wrote:

I go to tools, like everyone is saying, but when I do that there is no
options for me to click on too. There is a spelling one to click on too.
But is I click on to that I just get the same message "This language is no
longer available for spell checking." Where do I find where I can choose a
language?

  • Re: cant send email help!!
    ... Windows Mail, this isn't the right forum to discuss it. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... the newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Getting rid of UK English--MS Word 2003 Speller
    ... I can't see how changing the language of the text could affect the ability to insert notes. ... Suzanne S. Barnhill ... >> Suzanne S. Barnhill ... >> Microsoft MVP (Word) ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: Stop autocorrect for specific style only
    ... language is a character property); is your character style based on Default ... Suzanne S. Barnhill ... in another custom style (based on a character style)> it ... >> Microsoft MVP (Word) ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)
  • Re: Word 2007 - Spellchecker stopped working - tried every which way to fix
    ... HSE should have the same Ribbon. ... I run Word maximized and have a fairly high screen resolution, so I see icons and text for all buttons, including Set Language, which has an icon of a globe and book with a check mark. ... Microsoft MVP (Word) ...
    (microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar)
  • Re: Transferring AutoCorrect file info from cloned hard drive
    ... There will be one for each language; 1033 is English, ... I found four files with an .acl extension on my cloned drive. ... >> Microsoft MVP ... All the methods listed for copying the AutoCorrect file ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)