Re: Can't send or receive mail

Which anti-virus program do you use, and do you have it set to scan emails?
Windows Mail does not play well well that.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"racechristy" <racechristy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:99A77DFB-1AE7-42CB-8119-3D35F405E2E8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yesterday started out fine... all of a sudden, I can't receive or send mail.
I keep getting an error message. This is it:

inactivity. Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Does anyone know who to fix this? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,

  • Re: Nobody answered me!
    ... Didn't you say earlier you used Trend Micro antivirus? ... This latest error message looks like it is caused by interference ... uninstalled OneCare and was then able to send email from the Windows Mail ... Possible causes for this include server problems, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Not receiving e mails
    ... Some of them are not fully compatible with Windows Mail. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... On the General tab make sure that "Include this ... on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Error Number: 0x800CCC92
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Do you have another mail account you can try on that computer? ... they are compatible with Windows Mail. ... If no improvement, right-click on the error message, copy, then ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Unknown Error occured
    ... Although that article only mentions Outbox, it works for all mail folders. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Do you get an error message in Windows Mail? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: can send email, cannot receive emails
    ... All is well that ends well, but the error message clearly revealed the problem ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Been using Windows Mail for about two months ... Went through all the log on procedures, etc. and when I try to check emails, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)