Re: Outlook Express to Windows Mail

Treat the bak file as if it was foreign dbx file and give it a new name and then import it into OE as an individual dbx file: www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#imp1

steve

"Willy" <justask@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23UW9BRx8KHA.1888@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've got a *.bak (was a *.dbs until OE Compacted it to the Recycle Bin)
Folder in my PC with XP and was wondering how to take that folder & import
it into Windows Mail? I don't want to Restore it on my XP PC with OE as it
will overwrite a folder with newer Email.
--
Thanks, Bill
Post replies back to News Group

  • Re: My Outlook Express is Broken
    ... The next step would be to rename other DBX files likely to be the cause. ... folder on the desktop. ... New default files will be created in the message store when Outlook ... Damage to a DBX file. ...
  • Re: When your computer crashes while OE e-mail folders are being compressed, where does OE keep its
    ... > not doing anything with my D Drive at the time, although Windows XP ... > on my Inbox folder. ... it first renames the dbx file to dbt. ... the deletes the dbt file. ...
  • Re: how to see new .dbx in OE6
    ... >I have having problems getting to the dbx file which I ... >>Copy the old files to an empty folder. ... affect the ability of your antivirus software to block infections. ... Most of the problems with a faulty installation are due to other programs ...
  • Re: Back Up & Recover of All Email Folders Within Outlook Express
    ... specific emails that I had in these folders on the back up date. ... corresponding folder for the dbx file in OE. ... If you have a dbx file and do not have a corresponding folder in OE, ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ...
  • Re: Outlook Express Freezing, why? thank you
    ... I suspect a damaged or full DBX file. ... folder and then files in the original store folder deleted. ... After renaming one try starting Outlook Express. ... Damage to the Outlook Express installed program. ...