Re: cannot send email, but can receive it

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

Change port 25 to port 587. Also make sure you have send
authentication enabled:
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

"Terbur" <Terbur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6FEE4960-F543-45F5-8736-8A529C720C17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This just started happening a few days ago. I can't figure it out. I can
receive but cannot send. Below is the error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
.
I tried, but it didn't work. This is the message I got:

The rejected e-mail address was 'mtdburruss2@xxxxxxxxxxx'. Subject 'test',
Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 587, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78