Re: How do I get my e-mails from @MSN.com to be delivered to Windows m

To access Hotmail using Windows Mail, you have to access the POP3 servers.

The required settings are here...
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry

You need to use SSL, and authentication.
I'd also suggest using port 587 for SMTP.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Bruce!" <Bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:52E571A6-CFDC-48A3-A359-1AD3C46E359C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I don't know how to do it!
Thanks
Bruce

  • Re: Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail
    ... WLM and WM can now both access Hotmail POP3 accounts, ... You can't state it both ways (WM can and cannot acess Hotmail accounts. ... I have been using Windows Mail to access hotmail/live/MSN accounts for ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows mail error 0x800CCC0F
    ... Telnet was designed way before SSL became popular. ... Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. ... I can run a smtp diagnostic utility successfully with exactly the same settings fail for Windows Mail and Live Mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows mail error 0x800CCC0F
    ... I agree that telnet has no SSL capabilities, but using it helps proves that you have no connectivity issues getting a connection between your computer and the mail server. ... > I'm getting the following error when Windows Mail attempts to send or recieve> mail using the Windows Mail client or Windows Live Mail. ... I can run a smtp diagnostic utility> successfully with exactly the same> settings fail for Windows Mail and Live Mail. ... WIndows Mail/Live Mail both> still work when using non secure mail servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows mail error 0x800CCC0F
    ... I agree that telnet has no SSL capabilities, but using it helps proves that ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... settings fail for Windows Mail and Live Mail. ... still work when using non secure mail servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot send messages
    ... In Windows Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... how do you turn the SSL off? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)