Re: Can not send email, no messages

I removed McAfee, removed my email account, re started the computer, added
the account information. Tried to send email with and without authentication
at server, still unable to send.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

McAfee antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail.
Sometimes it takes a while before symptoms start showing up.
First of all, turn off email scanning in McAfee, although that is seldom sufficient.
Next, delete that email account (because it has been corrupted by McAfee),
restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.

If the problem continues, the only way you can prove or disprove that
McAfee is the culprit is to uninstall it, followed by using their debris removal tool:
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507
If you decide to replace McAfee, we can recommend a free antivirus
program which is more compatible with Windows Mail:

Instead of switching to a different antivirus, another option is to upgrade
to Windows Live Mail (WLM), which is more resistant to the adverse effects
of overly intrusive antivirus products: http://download.live.com/wlmail

Even with WLM, you must disable email scanning in the antivirus,
for the reason explained here:

"Steve" <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C98B7751-088E-435B-9071-C0E1749C50A2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Since Monday I can not send messages in Windows Mail under Vista. Seems ok
from my end, goes into the Outbox then it appears in the Sent items folder.
Stopped MCcafee, established a new account with my IP provider, even when I
send one to myself it gets sent but never arrives. I can receive ok.

  • Re: Windows Mail "-ERR invalid command" message
    ... McAfee antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ... I have contacted our provider and the account information is correct. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail not sending
    ... McAfee antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ... First of all, turn off email scanning in McAfee, although that is seldom sufficient. ... Next, delete that email account, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot send or receive emails
    ... McAfee antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ... First of all, turn off email scanning in McAfee, although that is seldom sufficient. ... Next, delete that email account, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send email from one of two accounts; can receive on both
    ... McAfee cameon this computer. ... malfunctioning mail account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate ... McAfee antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: IMAP error message