Re: I can't send-receive e-mails. Can i uninstall this and use outlook

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

"Boston - Esat" <Boston - Esat @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C498E3D-2E27-4FF6-94F7-667D87C55924@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If 2 days works perfectly, next day gives me errors.. I can't rely on this. I
use it for business e-mail.
Someone help please asap.

This is the error:

Account: 'mail.skyboston.com', Server: 'mail.skyboston.com', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number:
0x800CCC18

  • Re: The connection to the server has failed....
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant log in
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send or recive email
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Email forward
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot receive or send emails in Windows Mail
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... Uncheck the box for "Log on using Secure Password Authentication." ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)