Re: Windows Mail - most folders disappear shortly after opening WinMail

Go to Start | Search and type msconfig. Then disable all startup items and any non-Microsoft services and reboot and then see if you have the same issue.

steve

"Keith F" wrote in message news:Og6nU7d8KHA.3516@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have no antivirus software running.  Managed to run WMUtil (eventually).  Gone back in to WindowsMail . . . for about 5 minutes. . . contents of folders not visible again.

  • Re: last problem tfor tonight, well, this morning
    ... Go to Start | Run and type msconfig and disable all startup items and non-MS services and then reboot. ...
  • Re: OE opens by itself and wont stay closed!
    ... Also go to Start | Run and type msconfig and disable all startup items and non-MS services and reboot. ...
  • Re: Access violation
    ... Try going to Start | Run and type msconfig and disable all startup items. ... Then reboot and see if the problem is fixed. ... try going to File | Identities and set up a new Identity in OE and see if that fixes it. ...
  • Re: Enter Key Stops Working
    ... After doing what Frank suggested, if she still gets the problem, then go to Start | Run and type msconfig and disable all startup items. ... Then reboot and see if the problem is fixed. ... then one of those startup items is the culprit. ... > She has tried 3 different keyboards. ...
  • RE: task manager startup processes
    ... I suggest we may perform a test in Safe mode to see if the problem persists. ... Microsoft can make no representation concerning ... Disable the startup items and non-Microsoft Services: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)