Re: All Unread Messages are loaded into Inbox As Read

You are very welcome!

rickster;1685390 Wrote:
Well, I tried everythting suggested by Gary, VistaRookie and Steve and
was unable to get my issue resolved. I suspect it has something to do
with AOL and IMAP...

However (and are you ready for this?) I decided to delete my AOL IMAP
account in Windows Mail and set it back up as a POP3 server instead and
found that the Inbox messsages work perfectly with POP3! Them come in
as UNREAD and stay that way until I read them. The downside of this for
me is that POP3 doesn't support synchronization of my AOL personal
folders like IMAP does. So I just re-established them as Local Folders
and copied them over from the AOL IMAP server. Not a perfect solution
but one I can easily live with.

Thanks again for the assistance everyone provided!

Rick

--
VistaRookie

10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found
here:
'*Google*' (http://www.google.com)

  • Re: Windows XP for Home
    ... supply your AOL password so they can yank your e-mails for you. ... retrieve it using a POP3 compliant client. ... server (and hence why I needed a local proxy that accepted POP3 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Outlook calendar sharing
    ... When you say they are on POP3, do you mean they are getting thier email via ... POP3 from AOL directly to their computers or do you have the POP3 connector ... Do you have an exchange account configured and running on each computer? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: server
    ... The AOL Help link will show you how to access AOL & AIM mail accts using ... POP3 settings. ... for several of my AIM accts. ... The SAAA account is set up wrong. ...
  • Re: server
    ... Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm ... The AOL Help link will show you how to access AOL & AIM mail accts ... POP3 settings. ... The SAAA account is set up wrong. ...
  • Re: having prolbems help!!!
    ... Actually they do provide POP3 access, but there has been times that their POP3 ... because it is what AOL users wanted and were used to. ... The following help page from AOL shows how to set up POP3 & IMAP: ... Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)