Re: Wordview.Document.8

Thank you for the help. The first download did the trick. It had a plain .doc
ext. on the file but when I tried to open it then it said I needed a file
ass. for the following: which was as stated. Anyhow now it works and I thenk
you.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

I don't know what Wordview.Document.8 is. Are you referring to the
free Word Viewer utility mentioned here? :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3657ce88-7cfa-457a-9aec-f4f827f20cac&displaylang=en

Are you able to save the attachment and then open it outside of Windows Mail?
If yes, apply this fix for Windows Mail:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/unable-to-open-doc-attachments-windows-mail-or-wlm/

"Daniel" <Daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6D228385-43D1-40F9-8FEE-FB0FDC808998@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unable to open the above for a message says need to set up a "file
association" Am running Wind. Vista Premium Home and went to file sharing and
turned on 2 of the switches and clicked on "Apply". and tried again. No luck.
I have opened many documents before with the .doc extention. I did turn the 2
switches off. Is it a bad file or maybe the "Trend Antivirus" program
firewall is preventing this from opening. If so I am done with the darn
thing. But am open to suggestions.

  • Re: cant use Windows Mail - whats going on?
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... I then opened my Windows Mail as usual and tons and tons of e-mails came ... Are you able to try a different yahoo.co.uk account to see if it gives the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail could not be started- MSOE.DLL could not be initi
    ... I logged-out of my user account and logged-in to another user account. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... If I went to windows mail in one of the two other user accounts (they both ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail could not be started- MSOE.DLL could not be initi
    ... command to fix this folder? ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... If I went to windows mail in one of the two other user accounts (they both ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cannot open or save any attachment using Windows Mail
    ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... I've run out of ideas on how to fix your Windows Mail. ... Simply install Windows Live Mail and it will ask if you ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant use Windows Mail - whats going on?
    ... I then opened my Windows Mail as usual and tons and tons of e-mails came ... Are you able to try a different yahoo.co.uk account to see if it gives the ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)