Re: Same problem from yesterday Unable to send my aol mail via windows
- From: "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:10:46 -0700
It's not the same problem. The error message is different.
However, it wouldn't hurt to make sure you still have that
"My server requires authorization" setting enabled.
While you are at that screen, click on the General tab,
then remove everything in the 'Reply address' box. Also
look at what you have in the box just above that, which is
labeled 'Email address'. Make sure that email address ends
in @aol.com. Then click OK, and try sending.
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
"nufcquigs" <nufcquigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:91778104-AA7A-47FB-A096-3406BCF2520A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I had this very same problem yesterday and Gary was able to sort it out. I.
have went to send email again today and the same problem has happend. I have
just ran a full scan of my pc and it shows it is clear of spyware and viruses
etc. Once complete I tried sending email again and all I get is the following
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Brian Quigley Key Account Manager HQ
5816', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of this
message ', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
If your out there Gary can you help?
- Prev by Date: Re: All Unread Messages are loaded into Inbox As Read
- Next by Date: Re: Can receive but can't send emails on Windows Mail
- Previous by thread: Same problem from yesterday Unable to send my aol mail via windows
- Next by thread: Re: Same problem from yesterday Unable to send my aol mail via win