Re: Same problem from yesterday Unable to send my aol mail via windows

It's not the same problem. The error message is different.
However, it wouldn't hurt to make sure you still have that
"My server requires authorization" setting enabled.
While you are at that screen, click on the General tab,
then remove everything in the 'Reply address' box. Also
look at what you have in the box just above that, which is
labeled 'Email address'. Make sure that email address ends
in @aol.com. Then click OK, and try sending.

"nufcquigs" <nufcquigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:91778104-AA7A-47FB-A096-3406BCF2520A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I had this very same problem yesterday and Gary was able to sort it out. I
have went to send email again today and the same problem has happend. I have
just ran a full scan of my pc and it shows it is clear of spyware and viruses
etc. Once complete I tried sending email again and all I get is the following
error.

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Brian Quigley Key Account Manager HQ
5816', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of this
message ', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
0x800CCC6F

If your out there Gary can you help?

  • Re: Sometimes cant send emails from motels
    ... Primo Man ... Substitute the SMTP server belonging to your home ISP. ... Gmail uses port 465 for SMTP, ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Cant send email to one domain from my system but can from another
    ... I’m experiencing some peculiar behavior in sending email. ... I have an Exchange 2000 Server with latest Service Pack. ... SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.general)
  • Re: NAT and keepaliveopen connection over TCP
    ... Microsoft MVP, MCSD ... use your server connection for anything else after you punch ... If it was symmetric nat case, I was unable to make the first succeded ...
  • Re: out-of-proc server COM
    ... Microsoft MVP, MCSD ... "Alexander Nickolov" wrote: ... write in-proc server, there are some materials about out-of-proc ... My purpose is just to learn how to write EXE server from ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: Cannot send email but can receive
    ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Enable your Gmail account for POP: ... Do not change the incoming server. ... your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their own. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)