Re: Using multiple email address aliases in Windows Mail

If you only have 1 account it won't show the From field. It should show if there is more than one account established.

steve

"Jeff Ruell" <admetric@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e6yE%23KQ8KHA.1436@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When select 'reply' I see

"To:", "Cc:", "Bcc:", and a Subject fields. I don't see a "From" box.

So No, I don't see it.

Is there a way to see more? I selected the "All headers" function from the
view menu.

I am using the Version 6.0.6.0000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205) from 2006.

-------------------------------
"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
You said this pertains to a response. When you click Reply, it
opens a compose window. The compose window includes header
boxes for From, To, CC, Subject. You've never seen that?

Note that I said 'From' box, not 'From' button.

"Jeff Ruell" <admetric@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Where is the 'FROM' button?

I'm sorry I don't see it unless I am missing something.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
When replying, by default Windows Mail will choose the 'From' address
associated with the account that downloaded the original message.
You can override that default by clicking in the 'From' box and selecting
another account.

"Jeff Ruell" <admetric@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
If I have multiple email aliases for my POP email account how can I
change
which one I use for the response?

Or does it default to only one in my preferences under tools?

Thank you.

Bill Suits

.