Re: Unable to send via windows mail

Change port 25 to port 587. You can do so after going to
Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced.
While there you must also enable the SSL option for both the
outgoing server and the incoming server.

"kacey23" <kacey23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:DE0E23D3-952E-403B-B309-7B654F388474@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi gary, wondering if you can help me.........this is my msg when i try to
use windows mail..
The connection to the server has
failed. Subject 'Emailing: DSC_0130', Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server:
'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

  • Re: Mail not connecting with att?
    ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... with my incoming & outgoing information. ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. ... Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail Error
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. ... Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. ... Windows Mail uses the same settings as Outlook Express. ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Server 2003 Local Login
    ... No that's not possible, only domain accounts can be used for logon at DCs, ... the same behavior in Windows 2000 Server. ... >> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services ...
  • Re: Error Message
    ... Change port 25 to port 587. ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Here is the error message that popped up when I tried to send a message (it ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant send email
    ... Charter, unfortunately, does little to support its traveling customers. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. ... Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)