Re: Unable to send via windows mail
- From: "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 22:45:10 -0700
Change port 25 to port 587. You can do so after going to
Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced.
While there you must also enable the SSL option for both the
outgoing server and the incoming server.
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
"kacey23" <kacey23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:DE0E23D3-952E-403B-B309-7B654F388474@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi gary, wondering if you can help me.........this is my msg when i try to
use windows mail..
The connection to the server has
failed. Subject 'Emailing: DSC_0130', Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server:
'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
- Prev by Date: Re: Update - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
- Next by Date: Re: Can't send e-mail from laptop
- Previous by thread: Re: Unable to send via windows mail
- Next by thread: Re: Unable to send via windows mail