Re: Windows Mail Problem

There are two possible causes for that error.

1. Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

2. That error can be caused by interference from an antivirus program.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

As a possible temporary fix, delete that corrupted mail account,
restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.

If no improvement after disabling email scanning, and recreating the
account, consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less
prone to suffering bad effects from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

"Commercial Realtro" <Commercial Realtro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F0F866CE-4CF3-49EC-9296-9077A6C5C739@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a couple of business email accounts that I have been using through
windows mail to condense those accounts into one place. I have had no
problems and have not changed anything. When I hit send/receive, I get an
error message on one of the accounts. I have tried doing what the help tab
suggested but no change. Any help you can offer? Pasting the error message
below:

Account: 'pop.whatleydarty.com', Server: 'pop.whatleydarty.com', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR syntax error', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

  • Re: New user - repeated password requests in WM
    ... Windows Mail does not have a username or password. ... credentials are associated with your mailbox on the mail server. ... one possible cause for that error is account corruption. ... your antivirus may need to be uninstalled. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send mail from Windows mail
    ... When a username/password combination doesn't work in Windows Mail, ... I mean I dont use it but as outgoing address for my ISP account. ... youir username and password are correct for your mail server". ... Ask your home ISP if they support SMTP on a port other than 25. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: error 800cc90, 80092
    ... All your settings appear to be correct, and the mail server correctly ... Take a look at their tutorial for setting up an email account: ... emails from Windows Mail. ... a non-compatible antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Security in Windows Mail
    ... you or someone entered that server info. ... Open Windows Mail, click on Tools - Accounts - highlight the "pop3.live.com" account, click on Remove ... Which antivirus are you running? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Vista Mail asking for logon information now
    ... After doing so did you delete the account and recreate it? ... The antivirus I use is eset smart security ... Assuming the problem is that Windows Mail repeatedly asks for you to ... POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate argumentmissing.', Port: 110, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)