Re: Windows Mail - most folders disappear shortly after opening WinMail

Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time. Make sure your antivirus is not configured
to scan emails.

"Keith F" wrote in message news:e9noXO67KHA.1888@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
After about 5 or 10 minutes in Windows Mail, the folders disappear and I have the message "Folders could not be displayed - Windows Mail could not open this folder. Possible causes are:  Low disk space.  Low memory". My desktop gadgets show CPU at 20% and memory at 50%.  I have quite a few filters on the Inbox.  Are these likely to be the cause ?The only way to get them back seems to be a reboot . . ..  until the next time . . .

  • Re: Cannot send email but can receive.
    ... Norton security products are among the top three troublemakers for ... Instead of uninstalling your antivirus, another option is to upgrade to ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... problems with Windows Mail over time. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: can send but cant recieve
    ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... it, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account. ... Kaspersky and have changed it to not scan my POP3 emails or emails sent or ... Port 995 is not to be used for sending. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot send email but can receive.
    ... Norton security products are among the top three troublemakers for ... Instead of uninstalling your antivirus, another option is to upgrade to ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... problems with Windows Mail over time. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot recieve emails
    ... There is no way to recover the lost password from Windows Mail. ... it proves you have the correct username and password. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: The " from" field always sports the default email for all repl
    ... Would like to take advice on the free Antivirus that gets along with Windows ... delete that email account (because it has been corrupted by ... program which is more compatible with Windows Mail: ... Is it that the antivirus is working on the> emails ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)