Re: Cannot send e-mail

I'm pretty sure that all the remaining Bellsouth users were supposed to have
migrated to the AT&T/Yahoo mail platform. Try the mail settings given here:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

"Mistino" <Mistino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A5DB78F3-2C6E-4A24-8CB4-9472302DBDF2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
And now I get this error:
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: People', Account:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

Verizon has no authority over (or knowledge of) the server relay.pair.com.
According to your domain host:
http://www.pair.com/support/knowledge_base/e-mail/smtp_service_at_pair_networks.html
you should be using port 2525 instead of port 587.
They also have an option for using SSL with port 465.

"Eugena" <Eugena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:555C1539-A84B-4840-9FF3-6873A673F4B2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can receive, but cannot send e-mail. Here is the error message I get:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'try', Account:
'mail.eugenascreations.com', Server: 'relay.pair.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Note: I am using port 587 since this is what Verison instructed their
customers to switch to recently. The standard port 25 does not work either
and gives the same error.