Re: Cannot send e-mail

I'm pretty sure that all the remaining Bellsouth users were supposed to have
migrated to the AT&T/Yahoo mail platform. Try the mail settings given here:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

"Mistino" <Mistino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A5DB78F3-2C6E-4A24-8CB4-9472302DBDF2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
And now I get this error:
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: People', Account:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

Verizon has no authority over (or knowledge of) the server relay.pair.com.
According to your domain host:
http://www.pair.com/support/knowledge_base/e-mail/smtp_service_at_pair_networks.html
you should be using port 2525 instead of port 587.
They also have an option for using SSL with port 465.

"Eugena" <Eugena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:555C1539-A84B-4840-9FF3-6873A673F4B2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can receive, but cannot send e-mail. Here is the error message I get:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'try', Account:
'mail.eugenascreations.com', Server: 'relay.pair.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Note: I am using port 587 since this is what Verison instructed their
customers to switch to recently. The standard port 25 does not work either
and gives the same error.

  • Re: Sometimes cant send emails from motels
    ... Primo Man ... Substitute the SMTP server belonging to your home ISP. ... Gmail uses port 465 for SMTP, ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Sometimes cant send emails from motels
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. ... Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. ... change port 25 to port 587. ...
    ... your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their own. ... The latest error message indicates that the server mail.leklein.com ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Sometimes cant send emails from motels
    ... Primo Man ... your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their own. ... The latest error message indicates that the server mail.leklein.com ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • RE: Some technical errors
    ... If the SMTP server is not running on port 25 TCP it is not a public ... Manager - Computer Assurance Services BDO Chartered Accountants & ...
    (Security-Basics)