Re: Emails diverted to Drafts folder

"Anna" <anna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i melding news:%23ML9Wnp6KHA.3892@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 26/04/2010 06:30, Gary VanderMolen [MVP] wrote:
I have not heard of this particular problem before. If it was caused by
Windows Update, we'd be seeing many more reports like yours.

Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time. Make sure your antivirus is not configured to
scan emails. As a test, you should also temporarily disable any third
party security software and downloaded toolbars, just to see if it makes
a difference.

What do you mean by "Live Mail", Windows Live Hotmail or Windows Live Mail?

Thank you so much for responding. I'm sorry to have taken time to get
back to you, but I needed to contact the people concerned, get them to
disable email scanning and test the result for a few days. I'm sorry to
say, it has made no difference to incoming/outgoing email being diverted
to Drafts.

To address your points:

I appreciate that if a Windows Update were the cause, you would have
seen more comments about it.

The people concerned aren't all using the same antivirus program. Mostly
AVG or Avast.

None of them has any third-party browser toolbars. I know this because I
look after their computers and make sure they don't!

None of them has any further security software except Windows Defender
installed by default.

One has a computer barely one month old, which doesn't quite comply with
problems between Windows Mail and antivirus arising 'over time'

By "Live Mail" I meant Windows Live Mail configured to use an ISP POP3
account.

I do realise this is a very obscure and seemingly rare problem. In a lot
of googling I've seen only a few references to it, and none of the
technical groups to which I'm subscribed can come up with a solution,
but it's a major headache! If I can't find any answer, I guess my best
option is to switch those users over to another email program, such as
the one I use which has never exhibited such strange behaviour.

  • Re: password protection
    ... and cable] and should really consider Windows 2000 / XP. ... sure you're also running antivirus and firewall, ... Internet] to bypass this security. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Life is beautiful pps
    ... Never open attachments to emails unless you know the sender and were ... Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP ... antivirus setup and automatically updating/scanning ... Why you should use a computer firewall.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: been hit by hacker, servudaemon installed
    ... Windows 2000 hardening checklists from www.microsoft.com/technet/security ... use antivirus and a file change checker such as ... where to get a firewall and antivirus program ... Consider installing an antivirus program that is ...
  • Re: message at start up
    ... It sounds like you're not running a firewall, ... You also failed to mention what version of Windows you are using, ... Antivirus programs generally detect some ... Consider installing an antivirus program that is configured to ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Emails diverted to Drafts folder
    ... I assume you've looked for message rules that could divert incoming ... I do know that antivirus email scanning can cause some bizarre problems. ... Windows Update, we'd be seeing many more reports like yours. ... What do you mean by "Live Mail", Windows Live Hotmail or Windows Live Mail? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)