Re: Cannot send e-mail

Verizon has no authority over (or knowledge of) the server relay.pair.com.
According to your domain host:
http://www.pair.com/support/knowledge_base/e-mail/smtp_service_at_pair_networks.html
you should be using port 2525 instead of port 587.
They also have an option for using SSL with port 465.

"Eugena" <Eugena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:555C1539-A84B-4840-9FF3-6873A673F4B2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can receive, but cannot send e-mail. Here is the error message I get:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'try', Account:
'mail.eugenascreations.com', Server: 'relay.pair.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Note: I am using port 587 since this is what Verison instructed their
customers to switch to recently. The standard port 25 does not work either
and gives the same error.
.