Re: Sending e-mail messages when in Europe

When you are on another network (away from home) you can't use port 25 to send.
To make some changes, go to
http://help.virginmedia.com
In the Search Help box, type "Windows Mail" and click on Search.
Then click on "How do I set up Windows Mail"
follow all of the instructions.

(sorry I can't link to the page)

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Dorissdad" <Dorissdad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:01DB45FB-AF38-47CB-8C27-957EFF69F37D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I go from the UK to Europe eg France, I can recieve messages, but cannot
send them. (I'm sorry I can't paste the error because I'm now back home in
UK!)
Do I need to change any settings when away from my normal service provider
(Virgin Media) or in Windows Mail?
(I can get round the problem using Mail2web but its a bind!)
I am off to Greece in 2 weeks & would like to sort this.
Thanks
Jeremy

--
never knowingly understood