Re: Sending e-mail messages when in Europe

When you are on another network (away from home) you can't use port 25 to send.
To make some changes, go to
http://help.virginmedia.com
In the Search Help box, type "Windows Mail" and click on Search.
Then click on "How do I set up Windows Mail"
follow all of the instructions.

(sorry I can't link to the page)

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Dorissdad" <Dorissdad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:01DB45FB-AF38-47CB-8C27-957EFF69F37D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I go from the UK to Europe eg France, I can recieve messages, but cannot
send them. (I'm sorry I can't paste the error because I'm now back home in
UK!)
Do I need to change any settings when away from my normal service provider
(Virgin Media) or in Windows Mail?
(I can get round the problem using Mail2web but its a bind!)
I am off to Greece in 2 weeks & would like to sort this.
Thanks
Jeremy

--
never knowingly understood

  • Re: cannot send mail from Windows mail
    ... When a username/password combination doesn't work in Windows Mail, ... I mean I dont use it but as outgoing address for my ISP account. ... youir username and password are correct for your mail server". ... Ask your home ISP if they support SMTP on a port other than 25. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Error Number 0x800CCC0F
    ... in to the network but still could not receive mail. ... Windows Mail at home) & guess what, I can receive mail just fine, with AV ... OE) but their new laptop is experiencing the same ... Which antivirus are you running? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: socket error 10060
    ... How do I set up/configure Outlook Express or Windows Mail for Comcast email? ... The outgoing port needs to be 587. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Using Windows Mail abroad.
    ... so even sending will work when using a port other than 25. ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Advanced, ... I wouldn't particularly want to alter that if I could use Windows Mail in the normal way - which I would prefer to do rather than having to log onto the Pipex web-site to deal with my mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send email. Did Microsoft change the outgoing port?
    ... > weeks ago I suddenly could no longer send email from Outlook Express. ... > other is on my notebook running Vista and Windows Mail. ... Did Microsoft change the outgoing port? ... > Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ...