Re: Program availability

Actually Microsoft stopped developing Windows Mail about July 2006
when they switched the developers to working on Windows Live Mail.
The only support you can get is in this newsgroup, and even that may be
discontinued in the near future.
I know most people are not comfortable getting used to a new email
program, but in the long run, you'll be better off.

"Gene L." <Camelotscc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:80DE1259-0176-4B69-94E6-761CE8465850@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Windows Vista system came with Windows Mail installed and I must say that
it satisfies my needs completely. Ours is a home computer that is used by my
wife and myself. Together we receive less than 20 e-mail messages per day. .
I notice that Windows 7 does not include any e-mail program at all, so I was
wondering about the future of Windows Mail. Do you think it will be
supported in the future? Even Windows Live Mail is complicated for us "Old
Timers". I guess I would like to see Windows Mail go on forever.
Thanks for your thoughts
Gene L.

  • Re: Windows Mail
    ... Windows Live Mail. ... There will be no updates to Windows Mail. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows mail 6.06 not compatible with Office Home & Student 20
    ... I went into Word and right clicked the Tool Bar and hit Customize Tool Bar. ... I stumble onto these Microsoft pages and bookmark them because I have found ... I bought a new HP Pavilion laptop with Vista Home Premium ... I have gone into Default Programs and selected Windows Mail as my ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE
    ... The mail program that comes with Vista is called Windows Mail, ... I can probably connect it to my network, copy the email files over into the proper identity folder, and then extract the emails I need. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant use Windows Mail - whats going on?
    ... I have upgraded my antivirus from One Care, which was about to expire to ... I prefer windows mail, everything is happily ... As a possible temporary fix, delete that corrupted mail account, ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: "There was an error saving one or more of the attachments."
    ... Everybody has plenty of disk space which makes this error so useless ... It is not your security software causing the problem. ... I have tried unistalling updates from microsoft that have recently ... problem in windows mail still exists. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)