Re: Message cannot be sent...

Like the error message suggests, you need to enable send authentication.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Place a check in the box for "My server requires authentication".
Click OK. Try sending.

"Trish58" <Trish58.4ajh0g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Trish58.4ajh0g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, can anyone help please:

for the past couple of days I have been unable to send emails. Error
message as pasted -

problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read
the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail
service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'lesleymeagher2@xxxxxxx'. Subject
'Points values', Account: 'mail.o2.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.o2.co.uk',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 RCPT TO:<lesleymeagher2@xxxxxxx>
Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Please assume total ignorance when making any suggestions! Thanks.

--
Trish58