Re: Message cannot be sent...

Like the error message suggests, you need to enable send authentication.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Place a check in the box for "My server requires authentication".
Click OK. Try sending.

"Trish58" <Trish58.4ajh0g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Trish58.4ajh0g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, can anyone help please:

for the past couple of days I have been unable to send emails. Error
message as pasted -

problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read
the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail
service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'lesleymeagher2@xxxxxxx'. Subject
'Points values', Account: 'mail.o2.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.o2.co.uk',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 RCPT TO:<lesleymeagher2@xxxxxxx>
Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Please assume total ignorance when making any suggestions! Thanks.

--
Trish58

  • Re: Win2K3 domain account connecting to Win2K VPN server in an NT4
    ... - since the server is not in the AD domain, you can't add it to the AD ... NT4 accounts can still authenticate, ... I verified that my test accounts could connect to the VPN before migrating ... > The authentication server did not respond to authentication requests in a ... ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
  • Re: Removing SPA from POP3 service of Windows 2003 Server
    ... If you wish to change the authentication type from "Local Accounts" to ... right-click on the server and bring up the properties. ... I think what you need to do is configure your Outlook accounts, ...
  • [Full-disclosure] [GOATSE SECURITY] Clench: Goatses way to say "screw you" to certificate author
    ... Application layer authentication-inherent validation of public key ... Goatse Security’s new simple password-based authentication mechanism ... getting hundreds of thousands or millions of users to install a client ... client hashes locally and then sends the hash to the server. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: SBS Standard 2003 Email Out Problem
    ... For authentication, are you using the main account and password you ... The settings for smarthost are all in place; but the server will not ... Cannot get emails out through external email host ... sent mail to external email accounts returns with: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Kerberos machine authentication - apparent authentication fail
    ... > until logon), the wireless connection can kick off when it is ready. ... > was confirmed in the server event logs with IAS (i set that up as the radius ... > as an ordinary user kicks in and takes over from the machine authentication. ... > while the network sorts itself out and a double click on a network link of ...