Re: transferring contacts and folders from Outlook

If you really mean Outlook (not Outlook Express):

Outlook stores messages in a .pst file. Windows Mail cannot import from a ..pst file unless Outlook is installed on
the Vista computer.
1. Install Outlook on your new computer
Copy the .pst file to the new computer
Open the .pst file with Outlook.
In Windows Mail, File - Import - Messages - Microsoft Outlook

For contacts:
Open Outlook.
File - Import and Export... - Export to a file - Comma Separated Values (Windows)
Next
select "Contacts"
Next, etc.

Open Windows Mail.
File - Import - CSV (comma separated values)
locate the file saved above, etc.

Or- keep using Outlook, as it's probably better than WM

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Ric & Norma " <rncother@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OrxEWPC7KHA.3184@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello
I am new to Windows mail. How do I move contacts and folders across - 'Help' has been of no help.
Thanks
Ric

  • Re: Upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003
    ... >>Note that the back-up add-in had an update for Outlook 2003. ... Then upgrade Office and then ... Can I just install over the top and assume ... that my PST file will be picked up OK? ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Slow OL2000 defies correction!
    ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ... | I used the Custom Install Wizard. ... | profiles to be Internet Mail Only, and even populated some of the ... NEVER import a .pst file unless you don't care about data loss. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Slow OL2000 defies correction!
    ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ... | I used the Custom Install Wizard. ... | profiles to be Internet Mail Only, and even populated some of the ... NEVER import a .pst file unless you don't care about data loss. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Slow OL2000 defies correction!
    ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ... | I used the Custom Install Wizard. ... | profiles to be Internet Mail Only, and even populated some of the ... NEVER import a .pst file unless you don't care about data loss. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: How to recieve sent e-mails
    ... Are you in Windows Mail? ... You can't import from Outlook, ... There is Microsoft Outlook and some other Microsoft options but not OE. ... Is there a way that I can install OE onto the laptop with Vista? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)