Windows Mail

When I try and send mail using windows mail (vista) I get this message I
contacted comcast changes all ports etc and no luck. Also when I used to use
outlook express and when to file I could change the identity there. I can't
seen to find out how and both my email and wifes is going to the same inbox

I hope someone has a suggestion.

thanks

Arthur

The rejected e-mail address was 'kamat4@xxxxxxxxxxx'. Subject 'test',
Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 587, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
--
Arthur M.

  • windows mail
    ... This is the message that I keep getting in trying to set up my yahoo account ... problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ... Yes, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • cant send email
    ... Windows mail thru earthlink I get this when sending: ... The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing ... If you need help determining the proper server settings, ... No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: e-mail
    ... EXAMPLE OF HOW TO ENTER THE SMTP IN WINDOWS MAIL: ... correct for your outgoing e-mail server. ... mail to yahoo.com is not allowed', Port: 25, Secure: No, Server Error: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • RE: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
    ... I just started having the same problem with Windows Mail, ... proper server settings please contact your e-mail service provider. ... The rejected e-mail address was 'blac7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'. ... Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • RE: Can receive e-mail but wont send
    ... problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the ... "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ... Secure: No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)