Windows Mail

When I try and send mail using windows mail (vista) I get this message I
contacted comcast changes all ports etc and no luck. Also when I used to use
outlook express and when to file I could change the identity there. I can't
seen to find out how and both my email and wifes is going to the same inbox

I hope someone has a suggestion.

The rejected e-mail address was 'kamat4@xxxxxxxxxxx'. Subject 'test',
Account: '', Server: '', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 587, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
Arthur M.