Re: lost subfolders on window mail

I'm not sure what you tried, but the folders should be under the message store location under Local Folders. See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx . If you have McAfee, I would dump it as it has caused problems for years: see point 3 here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Given that Microsoft no longer has any support for WinMail and its very buggy, I would back up important messages frequently.

steve

"hag" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:817a246e782246e46384dba7067bbe75@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I have the same problem as Nick. I followed Steves advice but my folders
are not in the Windows Mail file. I looked in my recycle bin: I am
worried my McAfee Security Center has 'disappeared' it a few weeks ago,
there are other files there (of older and newer age) but not my several
'Kept Email' folders so it doesn't seem to be there.

Anyone have any other ideas of where the subfolders have gone?
Thanks :confused:

--
hag

  • RE: Sharing "Program Files" and "Windows" folders
    ... Please follow Steve Winograd's steps to disable Simple File Sharing. ... right click "Windows" folder, choose "Sharing and Security" from the ... be accessed from the server. ... Sharing "Program Files" and "Windows" folders ...
  • Re: msimn.exe has found a problem and should be closing.
    ... Steve, I have a more precise view of problem. ... There is no overclocking at all. ... When New Identity I can't import from backup mail data, ... Also when I tried to restore mail folders .DBX "msimn ...
  • Re: A problem in OE 6 - cant import messages anymore
    ... The files will not display if folders.dbx is missing. ... you need to include hidden files and folders in the advanced search ...
  • Re: Message cannot be found error.
    ... Disable eml files from being scanned and see if that fixes it. ... "Steve Cochran" wrote: ... but there were a few folders ... they mostly seemed to point to the AV software scanning on email. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: all inbox files changed to "unread" mode
    ... main identity" and I balked because I have this vision of everything in my ... inbox/sent/and other folders in my main identity transferring over to the ... thank you Steve, ...