Re: Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE

They screwed things up when they went from OE to WinMail.

steve

"Paul E. Schoen" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:O$d423u6KHA.1424@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oops! Today I checked the same newsgroup, and the top was still not in the
list of headers. Yet when I looked, my post had about a dozen replies. It is
bug, although more of a gnat than a scorpion. Where's the DDT!

Paul

"Paul E. Schoen" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I found that it was selecting the first unread post, and in the
rec.pets.dogs.behavior newsgroup I had been reading almost everything, so
there were a lot of read posts at the top. As long as I know that there are
only read posts at the top, I suppose it is just as well to have it select
the first unread post. Other newsgroups did not display this behavior
because I only read a small percentage of posts.

"So it's a feature, not a bug!" :)

Paul

"Paul E. Schoen" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have noticed that one newsgroup consistently shows the list of headers
starting several rows down from the top, while all others work correctly.
This is just a minor annoyance, but any ideas why this is happening and
how to correct it?

  • Re: Giving an application a window icon in a sensible way
    ... which attracts those posts you don't seem to enjoy receiving. ... insulting, instructing, or other such tone rather than being ... Saying you found a bug is ... They have emotions, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Newsbin Pro users?
    ... Brian Kraft wrote: ... a third party out, Brian. ... The posts came from Giganews and Easynews ... I am now able to report the upgrade is available, bug ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Processor Manufacturers
    ... Oh Puuulease stop with the free access and free speech nonsense. ... You've said yourself on this very forum that you censor posts on your ... repetitive indentical bug reports about a bug that does not exist, ... Still have your head in the sand about that defect in your code, ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: [slrn] Cant Convert Msg
    ... This is a bug or feature of slrn pl2, ... IANA list of character sets. ... those posts. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: No more Google Groups search?
    ... First, they havent' fixed the bug that allows replies to posts older than 30 days (their rule, when they changed the interface some years back they put the bug in, yet later fixed it, but the last interface change the bug was back and they still haven't fixed it; this is another example of them treating the thing like their own groups, maybe it makes sense for a web forum (though I've seen the contrary) to allow posts to old messages, but it's only nonsense for Usenet). ... And then, when they added the separate archives going back to the beginning, they put up a timeline of "important Usenet messages", which included that post from Linus. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)