Re: Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE

They screwed things up when they went from OE to WinMail.

"Paul E. Schoen" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:O$d423u6KHA.1424@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oops! Today I checked the same newsgroup, and the top was still not in the
list of headers. Yet when I looked, my post had about a dozen replies. It is
bug, although more of a gnat than a scorpion. Where's the DDT!

"Paul E. Schoen" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I found that it was selecting the first unread post, and in the
rec.pets.dogs.behavior newsgroup I had been reading almost everything, so
there were a lot of read posts at the top. As long as I know that there are
only read posts at the top, I suppose it is just as well to have it select
the first unread post. Other newsgroups did not display this behavior
because I only read a small percentage of posts.

"So it's a feature, not a bug!" :)

"Paul E. Schoen" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have noticed that one newsgroup consistently shows the list of headers
starting several rows down from the top, while all others work correctly.
This is just a minor annoyance, but any ideas why this is happening and
how to correct it?