Re: Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE

Well, that's what I thought in my previous post, but then when I returned there was a thread with unread posts that were not visible until I scrolled up. Another oddity for this newsgroup is that the text in the list of newsgroups in the left pane remains black, while others turn red when there are unread posts in watched threads.

Paul

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uhtLFAv6KHA.5476@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Windows Mail behaves similarly. When I return to a newsgroup, it
displays the first unread message at the top. I presume you are able to
scroll up such that you *can* see the 'higher up' posts that you read previously.

"Paul E. Schoen" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:O$d423u6KHA.1424@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oops! Today I checked the same newsgroup, and the top was still not in the
list of headers. Yet when I looked, my post had about a dozen replies. It is
bug, although more of a gnat than a scorpion. Where's the DDT!

Paul

"Paul E. Schoen" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I found that it was selecting the first unread post, and in the
rec.pets.dogs.behavior newsgroup I had been reading almost everything, so
there were a lot of read posts at the top. As long as I know that there are
only read posts at the top, I suppose it is just as well to have it select
the first unread post. Other newsgroups did not display this behavior
because I only read a small percentage of posts.

"So it's a feature, not a bug!" :)

Paul

"Paul E. Schoen" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have noticed that one newsgroup consistently shows the list of headers
starting several rows down from the top, while all others work correctly.
This is just a minor annoyance, but any ideas why this is happening and
how to correct it?

.