Question on Mail Stuck in InBox

Have Win Vista and Windows Mail. Have messgae stuck in Inbox. Deleted InBox
folder in User/AppData/Local/Microsoft/WindowsMail. Reopen Mail and message
are still there. Look in InBox folder and all message are now gone, however.
Where is Mail really getting it's messages from? Thanks.

  • RE: The diappearing IMAP Inbox...solution?
    ... problem occurs with Windows Mail and Outlook Express. ... but the show button is greyed out when inbox is selected. ... able to retrieve the Inbox by selecting "IMAP folders" and then clicking on ... The IMAP server Mail is connecting to is EIMS 3.3.7 running on an Intel Core ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Why do local programs not see all the messages in the webmail inbox?
    ... Where Windows Mail on my new Vista machine has "Account/Properties/Servers/Incoming Mail Server/E-mail username" I had firstname@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, whereas the corresponding thing on my old machine was just set to surname.isp.com. ... For some unknown reason the change also clears up problems of timeouts in Windows Mail or MailWasher contacting the POP3 server. ... I believe I followed my ISP's instructions in the way I had set things up on the Vista machine, ... My way of working with email is to run a local program MailWasher, which lists all the messages in the server's inbox - the same messages you see through webmail - and offers easy ways of filtering and deleting them, so you can go on to download what's left to another local program, Outlook Express. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Why do local programs not see all the messages in the webmail inbox?
    ... Where Windows Mail on my new Vista machine (to ... But they are visible on my webmail inbox, ... Windows Mail or MailWasher contacting the POP3 server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Sharing an Inbox / Subfolders
    ... Sent via Windows Mail on Windows Vista, Business Edition RC 2 ... desired effect of the mailbox showing up in the Mail Folders list. ... > access to everything off the inbox. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Disappearing Mail
    ... You're not running Windows Mail if you just have an inbox. ... It is called Junk E-mail folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)