Re: Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE

Thanks for reporting back.

"Paul E. Schoen" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:emWHfio6KHA.4508@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I found that it was selecting the first unread post, and in the
rec.pets.dogs.behavior newsgroup I had been reading almost everything, so
there were a lot of read posts at the top. As long as I know that there are
only read posts at the top, I suppose it is just as well to have it select
the first unread post. Other newsgroups did not display this behavior
because I only read a small percentage of posts.

"So it's a feature, not a bug!" :)

Paul

"Paul E. Schoen" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have noticed that one newsgroup consistently shows the list of headers
starting several rows down from the top, while all others work correctly.
This is just a minor annoyance, but any ideas why this is happening and how
to correct it?

  • Re: ATR FAQ (part 2: outside Britain)
    ... This monthly posting contains a list of Frequently Asked Questions ... the FAQ contains European characters which may ... Basic newsgroup "netiquette". ... Are there archives where I can find older posts on a subject? ...
    (alt.talk.royalty)
  • Re: Dear Paul, July 12, 2006, updated, July 13, 2006, updated
    ... available for anyone reading here to easily obtain. ... Evidently when you scanned the newsgroup to pick up a few impressive ... Now, will you go away, and take the other brainless, off-topic posters ... For grins, I did just what you said, Harry; searched for posts by ...
    (rec.pyrotechnics)
  • Re: Dear Paul, July 12, 2006, updated, July 13, 2006, updated
    ... Evidently when you scanned the newsgroup to pick up a few impressive ... Tom C. ... Now, will you go away, and take the other brainless, off-topic posters ... For grins, I did just what you said, Harry; searched for posts by ...
    (rec.pyrotechnics)
  • Re: SwingWorker.execute() does nothing
    ... So you are violating the newsgroup charter by posting to it. ... All such posts, after all, are automatically off-topic and a waste of bandwidth. ... Ditto not respecting a followup-to header that was used for its intended purpose, to redirect a thread out of a newsgroup when its topic has drifted away from that group's purpose and it's become mostly noise to that group. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Decisions, Decisions, Decisions ????
    ... I've found over the years of reading this newsgroup and others ... the majority of us will never get to meet face to ... > student reading it. ... Anyone reading posts on any newsgroup that deal with a subject as highly ...
    (rec.aviation.student)