Re: Transferring Mail File

Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Import-messages-into-Windows-Mail-from-Outlook-Express

(If you don't include Folders.dbx, the import will fail).
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Karen F" <fetter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uOZBVUl6KHA.1888@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I want to transfer my email folders from my Windows XP computer to my Vista computer. The mail folders have a .dbx extension. I found their path in XP which uses Outlook Express and copied them to a thumb drive but i can't seem to get the folders onto the Vista computer which uses Windows Mail.. I found the path of Windows mail and I tried to copy the files to this folder but that didn't work. I have many emails in a "saved mail" folder and I really would like to get these emails moved to my Vista Windows Mail computer. Can you help? Thanks

Karen

  • Re: Problem with Send using Outlook Express 6
    ... I found that even though an attachment they open up in Windows Mail. ... Select Outlook Express and then check the box: Always use this program to open this kind of file. ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ... Show Hidden Files and Folders under Start | Control Panel | ...
  • Re: Problem with Send using Outlook Express 6
    ... No it is not Windows Mail. ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ... and Sent Items folders after you move any messages you wish to ...
  • Re: transferring from Windows Mail to Outlook 2003
    ... Outlook profile in use. ... created a folder named XYZ in Windows Mail and copied some messages to it. ... folders I had to start with, I now have an XYZ folder containing messages. ... A delivery location is either a Personal Folders file ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Problem with Send using Outlook Express 6
    ... Ron asked if you meant that you downloaded Windows "Live" Mail and you replied that it was not Windows Live Mail, but rather Windows Mail,. ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ... Show Hidden Files and Folders under Start | Control Panel | ...
  • Re: Transfer folders from mail to another PC
    ... There is no such animal as "Outlook Express 7". ... As to your earlier remark about lack of Identities in Windows Mail, ... all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox. ... Upgrade to Windows Live Mail which has separate folders for each ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)