Re: Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE

I don't have OE running, as the PC Mobo died. I do have the hard drive in a USB powered auxiliary disk drive adapter, and I might be able to determine the version there. But the PC was kept up with latest updated of IE and probably OE as well, so I'm sure it was a recent version. Thanks.

BTW, I notice that top-posting seems to be the norm here, so I'll continue with that if it is preferred by most in this community.

Paul

"Peter Foldes" <maci252211@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:O5Whiji6KHA.356@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Paul

Can you tell us the OE version number that is shown on OE\Help\About MS OutlookExpress

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Paul E. Schoen" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OL9H24d6KHA.6052@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have noticed that one newsgroup consistently shows the list of headers starting several rows down from the top, while all others work correctly. This is just a minor annoyance, but any ideas why this is happening and how to correct it?

I was using Outlook Express on my XP machine until it died, so I switched everything to my Vista laptop which has Microsoft Mail. It seems just about the same, but all the emails and contacts are now separate files rather than the old MDX format. I found some software that can be purchased that will extract the emails into the new EML format, but I would think Microsoft would have a built-in or freely available utility to do this, since both are their products and included in the OS. Can I also install OE on my Vista computer and then save emails as EML?

Thanks!

Paul

.